We know that a lot of us are still in tangles when it comes to food preparation in the Philippines. The daily traffic struggle going to and from work, the people-filled malls on weekends which make it hard to go grocery shopping, and the high prices of food are all important factors into how we are planning our daily lives.
That’s why we’re here to help you! Below is a 4-ingredient recipe you can easily squeeze as your lunch or dinner without the hassle of thinking about your wasted time and cooking efforts. Bon appetit!
4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Taco Chicken
- 2 pounds of boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, avocado, or tomatoes
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker or pan. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Spoon some salsa on top of the chicken and spread to cover the chicken.
- Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours (slow cooker) or 30 minutes to an hour for the pan, until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate to cool slightly, along with any salsa that is on top of the chicken. Shred chicken with 2 forks or your fingers and place in a bowl. Stir in some of the liquid from the slow cooker/pan, starting with ¼ cup and adding more as desired.
- Service chicken in tortillas with toppings as desired.
There you have it, a filling meal you won’t have to spend so much money, time and resources on. Stay tuned with more of our free recipe blogs!